Saturday, October 10, 2015

Squatting and Getting Stronger.

I have been away from my blog or awhile. I have made some life and personal changes. During the last year or so I quit my job as a fireman and have become healthier. Last year at this time, my blood pressure was consistently 175/100 with a resting pulse of 90... My average this year has been 108/64 with a 62 resting pulse.

Lack of sleep and stress are powerful.

In any case, I have made some great progress in strength.

My bench has crept up to 305 lbs for one rep.

I have become much, much more comfort able with the high bar position in the squat. I switched last year from the low bar. I got my high bar squat up to 440 lbs earlier this spring. No videos, but I do have a smooth 420 lift here...


I've also been dabbling into the high rep ranges some, very close to a 315 x 20 squat. Here is a set of 15...




At some point I will probably write about my experiences with insomnia, PTSD, and depression. How it affected me, my life, my relationships, my health, and even my lifting. For now, I just wanted to update this blog-- as it kept my mind occupied at the fire station when I was there.

All good things and working my best to improve myself as a human being. Happiness is a choice.

In strength,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment